Sunday, September 2, 2007

Current Reading List

I recently took a 3-credit seminary grad course in Biblical Counseling at my old alma mater, FBBC&TS. I highly recommend the course. The class met intensively for 5 hours each evening for one week. I still have most of the reading (1500 pages) and the written homework to complete by late October.

Here are the titles of the books I chose from the bibliography to fulfull the reading requirement. I tried to tailor my selections somewhat to fit my vocation of schoolteacher to adolescents.

Conflict Under Control, Jeff Newman
Shepherding a Child's Heart, Tedd Tripp
Instruments in the Redeemer's Hands, Paul David Tripp (Tedd's brother)
PsychoBabble, The Failure of Modern Psychology and the Biblical Alternative, Richard Ganz
When People Are Big and God Is Small, Edward T. Welch
Blame It on the Brain, Edward T. Welch
The Young Peace Maker, Corlette Sande
Becoming a Titus 2 Woman, Martha Peace
There Really Is a Difference, Renald E. Showers
Depression: The Way Up When You Are Down, Edward T. Welch
Suffering: Eternity Makes a Difference, David Paul Tripp
Bad Memories: Getting Past Your Past, Robert D. Jones
Suicide: Understanding and Intervening, Jeffrey S. Black
Self-Injury: When Pain Feels Good, Edward T. Welch
Cutting: Bleeding the Pain Away, Amy Baker
ADD: Wandering Minds and Wired Bodies, Edward T. Welch
ADHD: Helping Those Confronted with This Label Understand It and Evaluate Where They Need to Turn for Help, Rita Jamison
Asperger Syndrome, Michael R. Emlet

No comments: